Thursday, September 17, 2009

HMcourts-Service.G on my bank statement?

Resolved Question

HMcourts-Service.G on my bank statement?

Recently I've found this 'DC- HMcourts Service.G - 0161 8304239'
on my bank statement which I don't remember taking place at all.

I'm going to be phoning up the fraud helpline since I don't think I did spend 60 pounds that day or month even. If anyone knows what this can be or might be, that might help me out a lot.

Thanks.

Additional Details

@Hans

I don't think that the number is theirs if i'm not mistaken - plus I've never used HMCS before, so I don't see why they are taking money from my account?

6 days ago

Oh nevermind I have remembered what it is now =) thanks for the help everyone

6 days ago

-------

I have remembered that I payed a fine a while back, but because it wasn't me who committed the offense I totally forgot about it.

Thanks to both of you for your great answers!

6 days ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I googled the number, it looks like it may be from a telemarketing solicitor?

I just checked - I dialled the number, it's Manchester city Magistrates Court and it's a pyament line. Someone's used your debit card to pay a fine. Ever get a parking ticket? Best to query it with the bank, or phone them and ask them.

Source(s):

100% 1 Vote

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (1)

  • Rather helpfully, HMCS have printed their telephone number there.

    It's probably an input error on the courts behalf, when they were processing the sort code/account number to take payment from.

    http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSC…

    I think the number probably is theirs - although not listed on the above page, it is very close.
    0% 0 Votes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Credit Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template