Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why can't I register my Visa Debit Card with Paypal?

Resolved Question

Why can't I register my Visa Debit Card with Paypal?

Hey guys, any help would be greatly appreciated.

My problem is this:

I created a Paypal account to be used with eBay. I registered my bank account and verified the Paypal account but everytime I tried to connect my Visa Debit card, it said this card wasn't supported for some reason.

I currently have to pay by eCheque which takes 7-9 days to clear but I need a more immediate method of payment.

I tried to purchase a PC from an eBay seller, but when I was asked to log into Paypal and got to the Payment stage, it again asked me to verify my address by entering Debit/Credit card details ...which I did and it turned me down again.

I can't make such purchases without finding out why I can't use my card =(

Oh, and if anyone else knows why a pound disappeared out of my current account after trying to buy the PC then that'd help too. A pount isn't much but I'm curious as I don't want it happening again with a larger sum of money.

Thanks =)

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Ebay will charge you about a pound when you open your paypal account which will be put back in your account once you verify it; they did they same with me, I suppose it is a security measure to make sure there is an account with enough funds in it.
I have tried linking a VISA card myself and it would not get accepted. When after multiple attempts, I asked my bank, they said that the card was not to be used for Internet purchases. I guess you can tell them to make it Internet usable or you could get another VISA issued, this time especially for Internet purchases. I might not be the expert on this one but at any case, check with your bank.

In the mean time, can you not use another card to make your purchases? It might save some frustration on your part. Hope this helps. :)

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (2)

  • I checked and you can use debit cards. See the link below.

    Consider linking your bank account, directly. The debt card is one more layer between paypal and your money.

    If all else fails, contact Paypal directly.

    Source(s):

  • I have both a Visa Electron card and a Visa debit card and both work fine on paypal and ebay. Never had a problem using them!
    So don't know why yours won't?

    I would call paypal and ask them what to do, I have found them so helpful whenever I have had a problem or query.


    Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Credit Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template