Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Natwest Adapt Account...Is it worth it?

Resolved Question

Natwest Adapt Account...Is it worth it?

I really want a debit card so i can store and save up my money without loosing it. I heard of the Nat west Adapt Account for teens. Is it any good? I am an orange phone holder as well so i heard you can get discounts on top ups as well? thanks x

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Hi, I had a bank account with Natwest when I was 12 or so, and had their Solo debit card when I was 13 I think.

I found it great! My mum didn't have to worry about me being mugged for cash or running out of cash/small change as I had a debit card and cash card. (ie use a debit card to pay for items when no cash machines were around) I had more independance so learned to manage and budget my own money. I didn't have to nag for money, relatives could put money in my account if they wanted so I could go and buy clothes and school items.

I think it's really important for teens to have their own accounts and debit cards. Your parents can of course still keep an eye on you and the money but it's really healthy for you to start doing things for yourself!

I'd say go for it! Natwest are great fo young people's account!

EDIT:
Actually your more likely to save money by opening a bank account because your not likely to spend the cash you have put away in a drawer!
I'm the same at age 26. If it's in the bank and put away, I can't spend it as much as grapping it from a saving box and nipping to the shops.

When I was 11 I had £300 pound saved up in my account!!!!
Purely because it was away from the adults hands, away from mine and I would go into the bank to take the money out!
Opening a bank account is the best start you can give a teen. It teaches them to handle money and learn how to budget along with seeing their balance grow.
It also teaches responsibility on HOW to save and keep money! I will aolways give my kids an account! (there are some with parental control so don;'t see the problem!)

Id rather a teen learn how to save and budget now, than getting their hands on x amount when they hit 18 and go wild like SOOOOO many kids today, especially if they get to UNI and get their mits on credit cards and loans.
100% 3 Votes

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (1)

  • a debit card will not help you save money it will only help you spend it
    0% 0 Votes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Credit Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template